Monday, January 28, 2008

The Tax Man Cometh!

So my little Dodge Neon is about dead. *sniffle* Despite the fact that it is old and tiny (but very gas efficient!) I am rather sad about letting it go. Now I will be getting a new car in the not-too-distant-future. So some extra money would really come in handy about now... (like it doesn't always?) so I am doing our taxes quite early so I can hurry up and get our tax rebate!


I normally let my dad do them on some fancy tax software that he likes (and pays for) but since I do not want to wait for him to do them, I did a little search for free tax preparation! It turns out that our kind, generous government is all about free tax preparation and has a plethora of links on the IRS website. I chose TaxCut because I am familiar with the name, and while putting everything in correctly is not effortless, they have pleanty of links to explain everything. Hopefully I'll have a nice little pile of money headed my way soon!

Here's some more free tax filing sites:

More about car buying later!

0 comments: