Friday, September 5, 2008

Perfect Pico

I am not a great gardener.  My husband teases me about my black thumb and my ability to kill a plant by not watering it for one day. (an exaggeration!)  Yet somehow my little veggie garden is doing rather well, at least in the tomato and jalapeno sections.  I had bought some huge sweet onions locally, and had some nice fresh cilantro on hand, so when I was desiring some fresh pico de gallo  (and a way to use up all those tomatoes and jalapenos) I invented this recipe!



Perfect Pico

2 cups fine chopped vine ripe (best home grown) tomatos
5 medium jalapenos, seeded and chopped super fine
1 cup diced sweet onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup lime juce
2 teaspoons minced garlic
salt to taste

Stir it all up and let it mingle for a couple hours in the fridge, for best flavor, or just attack it with the chips right away!

0 comments: